Healthy lifestyles are a part of business success.
WITH THE SAME COMMITMENT you have to empower your employees to oversee their work, lead their employees and develop their teams, you should encourage them to be empowered as possible in how they deal with the current COVID-19 crisis.
Rightfully so we should be responding with social distancing, wearing masks and keeping at-risk employees at home. But there’s been little discussion about how do we build our immune systems. Whatever we do today probably won’t make us less vulnerable to the coronavirus. However, is this not a wakeup call for all of to examine our lifestyle choices and set new behaviors in place that will make us more immune from future viruses?
Here are ways we all can boost our immune systems from articles from Harvard and the University of Pennsylvania schools of medicine:
- Don’t smoke, and drink only in moderation,
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables,
- Exercise regularly,
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep,
- Wash your hands frequently,
- Cook meats thoroughly,
- And the granddaddy of them all; see stress as opportunities for growth rather than as a threat.
“Poor Health Costs US Employers $530 Billion and 1.4 Billion Work Days of Absence and Impaired Performance.”
– Integrated Benefits Institute, 11/2018