How to be free and get connected
I GET IT. YOU WANT to be rid of the fear that holds you back. You somehow know that on the other side of all of this stress is freedom and connection; connection to yourself, your body, your highest and best, your true-blue friends and die-hard family members. But that damn fear keeps waking you up at 3:00 am and stays with you past the first cup of coffee at [8:00]. You play it safe or don’t play at all. You life is about not boldly living. What the hell! How can you be free from this fear and get on with your life?! Well, I get it. Here is an exercise I learned that is simple yet profound. Do it now. Don’t read that email or check your Facebook or Instagram account; they can wait. Do this exercise. And get over your fear and get on with living.
1. What is a difficult or troubling situation in your life?
2. How are you creating or allowing it to happen?
3. What are you pretending not to know?
4. What is the payoff for keeping it like it is?
5. What is the cost for not changing it?
6. What would you rather be experiencing?
7. What actions will you take to create it?
8. By when will you take that action?
9. On a scale of 1-10 how likely are you to follow through with this action?
Your life is waiting on line one. Don’t keep it waiting. Answer the call. Get to the bottom of how you are holding yourself back – stop blaming circumstances or that person (you know who I’m talking about), or bad luck. You, you are the manifester of your life. Claim it. Own it. And live boldly!
“You can choose courage, or you can choose comfort. You cannot choose both.”
– Brene Brown