Yvan Demosthenes: The Six Characteristics You Must Have When Hiring the Imperfect Employee
Yvan Demosthenes is a Sales Professional with more than 20 years of experience, 16 years in Talent Acquisition and Recruiting. His career has covered various Sales and Management roles. During his career, he has attained several awards from GE, CareerBuilder, Monster.com, and others.
Yvan has helped companies of all sizes with their online advertising, technology integration, diversity recruiting efforts, and overall recruiting strategies. He has also had the pleasure of placing executives and emerging leaders into some of the most recognized companies.
He received his BS from the University of Cincinnati, his MBA from Thomas More University, received his Leadership Training from Harvard Business School, and his D&I Certification from eCornell.
Yvan lives in Cincinnati, OH with his wife and 3 kids and is a Parishioner at Guardian Angels Church in the community of Anderson. He is active in nonprofits and enjoys coaching youth sports. He is currently a Thomas More University Alumni Board Member.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Yvan Demosthenes discuss:
- How to get better at attracting ideal interviewees
- Developing an internal referral system
- The consequence of not working on your culture
- Looking for individuals with transferable skills
- Transparency and truthfulness are great ways to attract job seekers to your company. Be detailed and exact about the job description, not only of the requirements of the job but the attitude you want in a team member and what culture they’re coming into if they come into your company.
- Who knows better what’s gonna fit within your company than your own employees? A robust internal referral program is a must in order to get quality candidates.
- Developing and working on culture has to be as important as the short-term financial goals that keep your lights on. If you don’t prioritize it, it will make things worse either now or down the road.
- There are not enough people to go around, you’re competing with others for the same person. Look for individuals with transferable skills.
“Money can always solve problems at the moment, without a true plan behind the money, it’s temporary.” — Yvan Demosthenes
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Yvan Demosthenes:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.