Yaro Starak: End Email Overwhelm: Stop Using Your Inbox As A To-Do List That Controls Your Life
Yaro is the co-founder of InboxDone.com, an email management company with a team of 45+ serving clients including restaurant owners, venture capitalists, accountants, doctors, lawyers, real estate agents, car retailers, online coaches and more.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Yaro Starak discuss:
- The problem with Email
- Automation and delegation
- How to break the addiction to email
- Staying in your zone of genius
- The problem with email is that they take away time from doing important things while making you feel like you are accomplishing stuff. It takes away your attention from your main agenda for the day.
- The two key components to making a more efficient business and boosting your growth are to automate through technology and to make sure you are delegating to other people.
- Email is an addiction, break it by setting a measurable goal and making email the reward. An example would be to write 2000 words before checking your inbox.
- Do a brain dump and itemize all the tasks you’re doing now and tasks that you should do. Put a circle around the ones that you can do and then put all the things you’re not going to do into a “to-delegate list”.
“You don’t manufacture time, it’s an exchange, something has to go for you to get time back. And I learned very early on that the only way I can get some time back was to start handing over tasks to people.” — Yaro Starak
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Yaro Starak:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.