Why Business Needs Intuition
In this episode Dean talks about:
- The ability of our intuition to see deeper and wider than analytical thinking and history-based facts.
- The stigma of intuition as flaky or invalid that gets in the way of being able to trust it as the invaluable resource it really is.
- How today, our biggest challenge is not education, poverty, political divisiveness, or even global warming, our biggest challenge is getting out of our own way.
- How intuition can deepen your listening, broaden your perspectives, and open up space for creative problem-solving.
- We all have the gift of intuition, we just need to find the courage to trust it.
- Intuition is about seeking truth, and sometimes the truth hurts, but it always serves us.
- Intuition makes executives better listeners, decision-makers, and problem solvers.
- If we can identify trust and have the courage to use our intuition, we can transform our businesses, our lives, and together, maybe even the world.
About Dean Newlund: With over two decades of observing, learning from, and guiding a diverse set of medium to large companies in over 19 countries, Dean has always been fascinated by the positive effect purpose-driven leadership and human transformation has had on employee engagement, business results, and sustainable value for customers and communities. Dean is CEO of Mission Facilitators International, a boutique, team-based development firm of highly skilled facilitators, executive coaches, instructional designers, and trainers, who contribute their passion and creative perspectives to client opportunities.
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/