Stacey Brown Randall: Generating Referrals Naturally Without Manipulation or Asking
Stacey Brown Randall is the multiple award-winning author of Generating Business Referrals Without Asking, host of the Roadmap to Grow Your Business podcast and national speaker.
Stacey teaches business owners how to generate referrals naturally… without manipulating, incentivizing or even asking.
She has been featured in national publications like Entrepreneur magazine, Investor Business Daily, Forbes, and more.
She received her Master’s in Organizational Communication and is married with three kids.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Stacey Brown Randall discuss:
- Understanding that referrals aren’t about you
- Being genuine and practicing gratitude
- Creating a good client experience
- Going into a prospecting meeting with the right mindset
- The first step to getting more referrals is to understand how referrals even happen. Referrals aren’t about you, it’s about the referral source. If they understand the problem a person is facing and they know that you can solve it, they’ll refer the person to you.
- Be genuine and always put the heart of the relationship first and foremost. Also, you must always remember to express gratitude when somebody refers you. Send a handwritten thank you note, not an email or a text message that can easily be forgotten or buried in their inbox.
- Work on the experience that you give to your client. Don’t ask for direct referral, instead, give them a referable experience. Do good work and work on the relationship.
- Have the right mindset when going into a meeting. There’s a big difference between the mindset of “I want this person to hire me” and “I want this person to adore me, help me, and refer me.”
“Until you can impact how they feel about you. You certainly can’t direct how they think about you.” — Stacey Brown Randall
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Stacey Brown Randall:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.