Rabi Gupta: Balance Data and Intuition to Build the Best Relationships
Rabi Gupta is a serial entrepreneur who has worked alongside his current founding team for 10+ years. Throughout his career, Rabi and his team have worked on AI, Recommendation engines, social platforms, and enterprise software. His first startup iDubba/iCouchapp was a “TV show recommendations + social engagement” app that had 2M+ monthly active users at the time it got acquired. After that Rabi took a bold step moving to Silicon Valley to start a new company. While being there Rabi realized the importance of “relationship building” using gifts but got frustrated by the lack of technological innovation in the space. So he and his team used their prior experience to come up with the idea of using AI to solve the problem. That’s how EvaBot was born. Today EvaBot serves more than 1000 businesses including Fortune 50 companies and brands like Zendesk, Silicon Valley Bank, and Cigna to name a few.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Rabi Gupta discuss:
- Utilizing technology to improve relationships
- Hyperpersonal conversations and how they happen
- Turning a lukewarm lead warmer through gifts
- The best way you can give a gift
- Technology is becoming more and more like an appendage, an extension of a person’s self and it can aid in relationship building if we use it with that intent.
- When people believe they are talking to computers or machines, they tend to be more open and share more data. This is called hyperpersonal conversation.
- Giving personalized gifts is one of the best ways to boost your relationship with another person. It’s one of the fastest ways to turn a lukewarm lead warmer.
- A good gift is one that is unexpected and is something that they’ve wanted all along. Giving the perfect gift is all about finding the balance between those two factors.
“It’s called hyperpersonal conversations. When humans talk to computers or machines, they are more open and they share more data.” — Rabi Gupta
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Rabi Gupta:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.