Miriam Meima: The New Wave Of Leadership
Miriam Meima has been a coach & facilitator for over twenty years, dedicating her life to studying the overlap between business and psychology. Miriam has coached founders and executives at hundreds of companies, including a dozen $1B+. She often partners with companies from Series B all the way through going public. She works 1:1 with senior leaders, facilitates team offsites, and develops customized leadership development journeys for leaders at all levels. Her specialty is in helping people unlock the next level of performance while maximizing authenticity.
Miriam’s credentials include an MA in Organizational & Management Development and a BA in Business & Psychology. She is a Master Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation, a Fellow at the Harvard Institute of Coaching, and a member of Forbes Coaches Council.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Miriam Meima discuss:
- What’s the difference between therapy and coaching?
- The gift of things shutting down around us
- Relationship between competence and intuition
- Accepting yourself and relaxing into your wisdom
- Therapy is standing in the present and looking backward while coaching is about standing in the present and looking forwards. The two have different vantage points and different intentions.
- When things shut down, we were forced to look in the mirror and think about who are the people that matter and what are the experiences that matter. We had the opportunity individually and collectively to reset.
- Being competent is what unlocks your ability to trust yourself and therefore allows you to be drawn to a certain direction through your intuition.
- A lot of challenge at all ages for humans comes from feeling like we have to prove ourselves – the breeding grounds for insecurity. If we allow ourselves to feel accepted, we could trust ourselves more and relax into our wisdom.
“If we can all become students of ourselves we’ll start to notice we feel pulled in certain places, and that’s usually tuition at work.” — Miriam Meima
Access free resources by clicking on this link: http://www.leaderswhosmile.com
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Miriam Meima:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.