Mike Maynard: How Can I Know If My Marketing Campaign Will Work?
Mike is the Managing Director/CEO of the Napier Group, a $7M PR and marketing agency for B2B technology companies. He is a self-confessed geek who loves talking about technology. He believes that combining the measurement, accountability, and innovation that he learned as an engineer with a passion for communicating internationally means Napier can help clients achieve their marketing goals sooner.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Mike Maynard discuss:
- Why marketing is becoming more important
- The difference between sales and marketing
- Bridging the gaps between different departments
- Marketing to your ideal customer
- Marketing is becoming more important because it’s responsible for the majority of the process the customer goes to. Sales get involved at the end to close the deal.
- Sales are personal. Marketing focuses on audiences – individuals grouped together. Sales are one-to-one, and marketing is one-to-many.
- You have to learn to work together with other departments. Stop sitting in your own silo, engage the other group and try to talk their language.
- Picture your ideal customer and market to them. If any marketing tool or action doesn’t fit or won’t be received typically by your ideal customer, then don’t do it.
“The worst that you could do is to just start marketing. What you need to do is to make sure that what you’re gonna do is going to reach the right people and that it’s gonna be effective.” — Mike Maynard
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Mike Maynard:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.