Martin Wheeler: Master the Art of Listening to Your Body
Born in England, Martin Wheeler walked into his first training hall at the age of nine, a Judo class at the local YMCA in his hometown of Paignton, Devon. At age sixteen he began training in the Hawaiian street fighting system of Ed Parker’s Karate, at the ‘doorman’s academy’ in the same town.
There, he was introduced to Kenpo in bare-knuckle sparring sessions. A year later at the age of seventeen, he began working at the local clubs as a bouncer in a town renowned for its late-night street fighting. A profession he continued for the next ten years in clubs from London to the U.S. Forged from his experiences, twenty years later, after also studying Boxing, Judo, Thai-boxing and Filipino weapons fighting in his desire to find the most effective street fighting system, Martin met Vladimir Vasiliev, the former Russian Special Operative demonstrating Systema at a seminar and knew he had witnessed something strange, unique and absolutely lethal in any environment.
After over two decades of training in Systema Martin now teaches his highly effective combat solutions from his training facility at The Academy Beverly Hills. Train with him personally at THE ACADEMY BEVERLY HILLS or visit the SEMINARS section to experience his unique perspective on hand-to-hand combat.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Martin Wheeler discuss:
- Intuition and self-awareness.
- The inner self relating to outer performance.
- The physicality used on the mat and how it relates to the rest of your life.
- The negative effects of stress on the body
- Accessing the intuition you already have can bring more intuitive tendencies and abilities.
- Get in touch with yourself, what does intuition mean to you, and what triggers it?
- Let your intention guide your intuition.
- Learning to not internalize on hold onto stress.
“Be good at releasing the external problem and the internal reaction.”
— Martin Wheeler
Mentioned: Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Martin Wheeler:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/