Manon Dulude: How to Know if Someone is Coachable
Manon is an experienced executive coach and facilitator and has worked in financial, hospitality, government, and non-profit organizations.
As an associate faculty member of Impact Coaching Academy and Institute for Life Coach Training, Manon trains coaches in the use of the “Coaching Continuum Model”. She is also a senior faculty member and a trainer with Coaching the Global Village. In 2012, Manon trained the staff of the NGO Handicapped International (Haiti) in the use of coaching conversations with beneficiaries and staff.
Following the completion of her Doctorate degree in Human Development and Professional Coaching in 2012, Manon co-authored a coaching model, “The Coaching Continuum.” This coaching model assesses a client’s “coachability and readiness level.” This information assists both coaches and clients to evaluate the client’s capacity to achieve the specific goals they have set out for themselves and to co-create a robust coaching plan to accomplish the desired objectives.
Manon has thirty years of experience as a mental health professional. She is a Registered Psychotherapist in the province of Ontario, Canada. She has a vast amount of experience working with individuals who want to overcome challenges such as grief, burnout, relational conflict, depression/anxiety, divorce/life transition, and trauma.
Manon lives in the Toronto area.
In this episode Dean and Manon discuss:
- The differences between coaching and therapy and how to determine when someone is ready to be coached.
- Empathy versus Intuition and how to use the right tools to stay focused on the person you are trying to help.
- How physical movement can help reboot the connection of your body and your brain, and help you tap into your intuition.
- Recognizing countertransference and being willing to work through whatever it brings up so you can grow and learn and be more effective.
- The magic of coaching is you know the answer. A coaching client is resourceful, energetic, and ready to do the work.
- The more people get connected to their body and to their physical well being, the more connected to their intuition they will be.
- Each of us is ultimately responsible for making ourselves feel good, but we can walk beside someone on their journey.
Connect with Manon Dulude:
Website: Forge Coaching and Consulting
YouTube: Manon Dulude
Facebook: Manon Dulude Counseling Services
Twitter: Manon Dulude PhD (@ManonDuludePhD)
Connect with Dean Newlund:
Facebook: Mission Facilitators – Home
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.