Kevin Hill: Be the Enceiba
Kevin started his career in the accounting software industry and transferred into e-commerce in 2000. His first startup reached 20M in sales in the online tool industry, and with his experience, he then became the director of eCommerce at Harbor Freight tools, driving business from 30M a year to 100M a year in 2 short years. Looking for a new challenge, he joined a Safety Supply company and quickly turned the online business unit from 1/4M dollar a year loss to over 1/2M a year in profit.
After his experiences there, Kevin left to start his own company, Ecommerce Clarity and successfully partnered with businesses to analyze their data to provide actionable recommendations with measurable expectations. After several years of running this business, Kevin partnered up and formed Enceiba, a world-class Amazon.com agency supporting online companies such as Cardinal Health, Owens Corning, and more.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Kevin Hill discuss:
- Learning from your successes and failures.
- Accessing your subconscious through sleep and meditation.
- The elephant in the room syndrome.
- The definition of success surrounding the wow moment.
- Intuition gives you a gut feeling; data supports that intuitive feeling.
- Your history of experiences builds up your intuition, both conscious and subconscious.
- Don’t be afraid to stand up and be heard. It’s about being persistent in business.
- Don’t just listen to the so-called experts; take the time to listen to people from all aspects of the company.
“Persistence is the recipe for success.” — Kevin Hill.
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Kevin Hill:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/