Jonathan Keyser: You don’t have to be ruthless to win.
Jonathan Keyser is the founder of Keyser (http://www.keyser.com/). Keyser has rapidly become one of the largest independent, occupier services commercial real estate firms in the country. Additionally, Keyser is a founding member of EXIS Global (http://www.exisglobal.com/), the largest independent, commercial real estate organization in the world committed to exclusively representing corporate end-users. Jonathan focuses his efforts on changing the business world through selfless service and his efforts manifest in his content, through leadership, and the level of excellence he holds his team to within Keyser. Jonathan was recently named “The Commercial Real Estate Disruptor” by USA Today, a #1 Multi-Category Best Selling Author on Amazon and the Wall Street Journal for his book, “You Don’t Have to be Ruthless to Win”, a frequent keynote speaker, a thought leader featured in over 150 articles, publications, and podcasts, and is recognized as one of the Top 20 Virtual Keynote Speakers in the country.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Jonathan Kayser discuss:
- The reason and motivation of Jonathan’s shift into selfless service
- Why you should start serving other people and how it’s related to your own personal success.
- The blurred line between selflessness and selfishness – how selflessness can truly bring happiness
- One of the greatest needs in the workplace: selfless leadership
- It takes time to reinvent yourself, that’s why not a lot of people do it – but don’t let that stop you
- Be genuine. People can often smell the difference of someone who serves sincerely and someone who just pretends
- If you actually do pour yourself in the love and service of others, you can create extraordinary success.
- What creates the most happiness in a person is being of service to others
- At the end of the day, what creates the most happiness in human beings, is being of service to others.
“This is a business strategy for me… if you love people, if you serve people, if you help people… you can be successful” — Jonathan Kayser
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Jonathan’s Book, now in Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/You-Dont-Have-to-Be-Ruthless-to-Win-Audiobook/B07Z8YL2FF
Connect with Jonathan Kayser:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/