Jenn Grace: Why Thought Leaders Need to be Authors
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Jenn Grace discuss:
- Why you should find your niche
- Writing for your target client
- How you can start writing now
- Benefits of writing a book
- Find your niche by evaluating the data points in your business, looking at your client base, and seeing what they all have in common. Going niche and narrow is the only way to go.
- Don’t write for everybody. Start with the question of who you are writing for, and ask what problem you’re solving.
- You can make a book by writing one word at a time. Start with a mind map. Try out transcription if staring at a blank page terrifies you.
- The process of writing, editing, and publishing can often be brutal and will take a lot of time, but the organization of your concepts and your establishment as an expert in your niche will be worth it.
“What’s beautiful about going to the process of actually creating a book is that it forces you to create a model, a process, a system to bring the reader through.” — Jenn Grace.
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Jenn Grace:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/