Heenle Turner: 2 Simple Rules To Recruiting Your Dream Team!
Heenle is a certified HR Professional with a passion for helping businesses succeed. Heenle has provided HR consulting services to more than 200 businesses varying in size and industry.
Heenle’s experience in sales, customer service, and people management has uniquely positioned her to partner with entrepreneurs and business leaders to recruit and retain a team of their own five-star employees.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Heenle Turner discuss:
- Tailor-fitting your questions to find the best candidates
- Recruiting for the best interest of the business owner
- Dealing with candidates that ghost the interviewer
- The qualities of a five-star employee
- You have to be intentional and specific with what you want from a candidate. Start with outlining what it is exactly you want or expect from a person first before creating specific and targeted questions according to that.
- To come up with the right questions, know the intentions of the owner and what exactly is the need they want to fill in the company related to that role.
- Candidates who decide not to show up for their interview are not a loss for the company. You probably don’t want a person with a lack of professionalism working for you anyway.
- Look for a candidate whose core values align with the company’s, then see if they possess qualities of a five-star employee such as being supportive, collaborative, and proactive. Being able to complete their tasks, achieve their goals, provide quantifiable results for you, and more.
“What I challenge business owners to think about is time and efficiency, if you give everybody a shot, if you don’t have standards, if you don’t find the right people the first time then you’ll realize in a few weeks that they’re not the right fit, the people in your organization who are five star employees are gonna be picking up the slack for the new people… you’ll find yourself replacing them anyway.” — Heenle Turner
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Heenle Turner:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.