Erica Mills Barnhart: Intuitive Marketing
Erica is the Founder & CEO of Claxon, a marketing firm that helps mission-driven clients unleash the power of words. She hosts the Marketing for Good podcast and teaches at the University of Washington, where she co-directs the Nancy Bell Evans Center on Nonprofits & Philanthropy.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Erica Mills Barnhart discuss:
- Searching for and centering on signature words.
- Brain processing speeds of images vs. words.
- Set the company voice and tone to engage clarity, confidence, and values.
- Marketing that arouses intuition and feeling.
- Engage the energetics and physics of language, helping people to feel the words being spoken.
- The cause and effect of your words, what do you want people to feel, know, and do?
- Focus your writing on the verbs to create your action.
- Take out the extraneous language and get to the point.
“Our brains don’t like cognitive dissonance; it does everything it can to make everything come to one truth.” — Erica Mills Barnhart
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Erica Mills Barnhart:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/