Eric Bland and Ronnie Richter: Beat the Odds by Betting on Yourself
Eric Bland and Ronnie Richter started trying cases together in 1997 when they subsequently established Bland Richter, LLP. Today, Bland Richter offers over 75 years of combined legal experience, focusing on complex and high-risk litigation cases that other firms either can’t or won’t handle.
They believe in fighting and winning litigation battles only by using honesty, and integrity and providing the utmost candor to the Court.
In this episode, Dean Newlund, Eric Bland, and Ronnie Richter discuss:
- How opposites create great partners
- How Eric and Ronnie created trust despite their differences
- Embracing one’s ignorance
- Accomplishing something through pressure
- It’s okay to seek people who align with your current leadership dynamic however, you should also consider having someone who will force you to think through every decision and challenge your opinions constructively. Respect for each other’s styles is key.
- You gain trust and a wonderful partnership when you learn to accept your shortcomings and appreciate your partner’s strengths.
- Embrace your own ignorance. There’s nothing wrong with not knowing, but it’s not okay not to have the intellectual curiosity to find out, and not to associate with people who may have answers.
- Prepare yourself before speaking the truth, as you can only exert pressure and be fearless if you’re prepared. Plan carefully, anticipate risks as best you can, and then make a commitment to go.
“One, don’t break your word, two, you have to be accountable, and three, you’ve got to be able to make a decision.” — Eric Bland
“You should embrace your ignorance, you should be comfortable in your limitations. But you’re not going to get there until you first accept the reality.” – Ronnie Richter
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Eric Bland and Ronnie Richter:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.