Dr. Lucia Murphy: Inclusive thinking: Connecting with Your Intuition
Dr. Lucía C.R. Murphy, aka “Doctor Murph,” is the managing principal of The Leadership Architect Group. Operating at the intersection of science & art, her firm designs pathways for sustainable leadership that produce results that stick. Having deep & varied experiences in business, academe & nonprofits, she inspires groups & individuals to step into their genius. Lucía’s areas of expertise are Leadership Branding, Inclusive Team Engagement, Strategic Change Management & Executive Coaching.
Fluent in Spanish, Lucía offers bilingual/ bicultural perspectives. An author & a cancer survivor, Lucía shares her wisdom with groups large & small and has appeared on television, radio & broadcast programs. An avid runner & accomplished woman of laughter, Lucía lives in Lancaster, PA, USA.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Dr. Lucia Murphy discuss:
- Using intuition to be inclusive
- Cognitive intuition, nonverbal knowing, and accurate intuition
- Tapping into your intuition and communicating it effectively
- Cultivating intuitive thinking
- If you value inclusivity, you’ll find opportunities to apply it in your career and your life.
- There could be a higher kind of intuition that you can tap into, something that’s beyond us.
- There’s more than just the surface information. Tap into your intuition by being humble, ask good questions and communicate those questions to encourage intuitive and innovative thinking.
- Look at all sources of information. Start journaling, think about the info that you missed.
“Go in with humble confidence. Be humble about how you may not have all the information you need, what you know may not be everything… walk in humility so that you can listen to what’s going on confident that you can work with the data.” — Dr. Lucia Murphy
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Dr. Lucia Murphy:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/