Denise Bestwick: The Neuroscience of Intuition
About Denise Bestwick: As an executive coach, strategic business partner, and people-lover, Denise believes in self-actualization as the essential endeavor to effective organizational leadership. Denise promotes authentic leadership with a simple skills foundation: Listen, Learn and Love.
After a 35-year career leading organizations in the life sciences, she is now a solopreneur on a mission to guide leaders and organizations to be the best they can be. Denise knows this path will look very different from leader to leader, and company to company. A one-size-fits-all approach to leadership rarely works. Loving the uniqueness in each human, she strives to discover their brilliance and reveal how they can live and lead in congruence with their values and authentic self. Denise is particularly passionate about entrepreneurs and company founders, having naturally landed roles as the right-hand-woman to company owners and CEOs for decades. Without knowing it was coaching, she guided them, both intuitively and strategically, through a robust and trusting relationship.
Denise is a Certified Professional Co-active Coach (CPCC) and a Certified Positive Intelligence Coach (CPQC). With this exceptional training as her foundation, she is on a mission to show leaders how to change the internal, fear-based dialogue in their heads and point them to a path of ease and flow in their lives.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Denise Bestwick discuss:
- The demand for consultation compared to coaching – has the pandemic killed coaching?
- Why coaching is so much better
- How to listen to people better
- Brain hacks to cultivate positive intelligence
- In coaching, the information comes more from within the coachee. The coach’s job is just to ask good questions.
- Coaching allows people’s potential to show up. People already have what they need to become transformed, all stored inside, undiscovered.
- Be fully present when listening to others, don’t spend your time thinking about what to say next while talking.
- Train your brain to notice when inner mental saboteurs are hijacking you to snap back into the attention of the moment.
“You want people to arrive at their potential authentically because then they’re going to be using their strengths to the max. They will flow better.” — Denise Bestwick.
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Denise Bestwick:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/