Debra Sunderland: Find Purpose / Lose Stress.
Debra specializes in awakening C-level executives and leaders to their genius by shifting from unconscious beliefs and behaviors to self-awareness – bridging what they say they want to what they have. She challenges leaders to own their results in all areas of life. Organizations achieve their desired outcomes by raising teams that learn to shift out of drama to create win-for-all solutions. Effects: Less stress, more joy, more significant results!
The core of Debra’s coaching is providing conscious tools for leaders and teams – to practice and implement into their lives. Debra’s clients and their companies become the transformation model, no matter where they are on their journey. Her clients include RMB Capital, UBS, Highland Solutions, Gamma Partners, Brindley Engineering, Esser Hayes Insurance, Mars, Inc., SESAC, PNC Bank, Nashville Public Radio, and the Nashville Lawyers’ Association for Women.
Debra graduated from Miami University in Psychology, and in 2021 will have an NYU MBA in mindfulness. She is certified in The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership, Integrative9 Enneagram, Corporate Goal Coaching, and CTI Co-Active training. Debra’s work has been featured on Fox National/Local News, Crain’s Chicago Business, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, and 190 N Television. Her base is Nashville and Chicago.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Debra Sunderland discuss:
- Ego, safety, and sticking to the known.
- Conscious vision, are you willing to shift away from the familiar.
- Change avoidance as a catalyst of fear, stress, and discomfort.
- Discerning your fear, anxiety, and joy level.
- Choose to be “radically responsible” for your view of the world. Let the Inner joy that drives you carry over to all aspects of your life.
- Recognize the power of thinking, utilize your stress relief tools, and slow down and breathe.
- Live in the moment, appreciate and love yourself first, then do it for others.
- When we don’t clear out old emotions, they linger within us. Let it go.
“No one but you and how you decide to go about your life can give you joy.” — Debra Sunderland
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Debra Sunderland:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/