Dave Grounds: Redefining Success By Enriching Lives
Dave Grounds loves working with his Dorn Homes “Family.” Together the group has built Northern Arizona’s most successful homebuilding and development company.
Dave and the Dorn Family of employees love to give back to the communities in which they build. They have donated land for fire stations and food banks, and homes for charity, have supported hundreds of worthy charity causes over the years. Dorn Homes recently launched an initiative called DornCares, partnering with local charitable organizations to end homelessness in the Prescott area.
David Grounds is very passionate about creating fun, lasting memories with family and friends, leading the Dorn Homes team, designing and creating iconic neighborhoods in his favorite small towns, and climbing mountains. David is part of a small group that summits 14,000 ft. peaks in Colorado each year, and regularly climbs mountains throughout Arizona.
In this episode Dean and Dave discuss:
- The shift in Dave’s business from a bottom-line focus to one of mission and the success that came from that, not just financially, but in the enrichment of lives.
- How listening more than you talk opens the door for people’s intuitive thinking and empowers others to reach their potential and solve issues.
- Throwing out the old mission statement no one remembers and embracing a simple core value of humble service.
- Being intentional about tapping into intuition by meditating, or getting away to a place that inspires you.
- Focusing on a business model of enriching lives opens the door to success in ways you might not know are even possible.
- The best way to build a culture in your company is by getting to know and truly love your people.
- Sometimes the best way to invite intuition is to just be quiet and listen.
Mentioned: The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
Connect with Dave Grounds:
Twitter: Dorn Homes (@DornHomes)
Instagram: Dorn Homes (@dorn_homes)
Connect with Dean Newlund:
Facebook: Mission Facilitators – Home
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.