Damion Taylor: Using Data In The Creative Process
Damion has spent the last 15 years applying data and technology to entertainment. Both analytical and creative, he brings a unique skill set to his company, Prometheus Digital Studio, that’s in high demand for brands and media companies such as Warner Bros., NBC Universal, Machinima, Mitu, and New Form. Damion has spent his career observing and understanding the motivations that drive people’s actions. After witnessing the Central Park Karen incident and murders of Ahmaud Abery and George Floyd in 2020, he decided to use his company and skills to make a positive impact on the world and created the Professional Confession podcast.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Damion Taylor discuss:
- Promoting before completing the project
- Honing your product with your audience
- Keeping a pulse on who follows you
- Three things to determine about your company
- Promote first, even before completing the project, so that you’ll see how big you’re initial core audience is and how excited they are about it. Build conversations around the incoming project.
- If you promote the project first, you’ll be able to understand the expectations of your audience and you’ll be able to integrate those into the project to hone it into something that your audience wants.
- Keep a pulse on the type or demographics of the people that follow you. When a new group comes in, you need to understand how you attracted them, see if they fit in your company’s mission, and decide how you’ll address the new group.
- Determine what your core message is, what makes your product unique, and what will make your audience want to keep coming back. Contemplate on those three things consistently and deliver.
“Bring people along for the ride… It’s kind of building your thousand core fans, allowing you to hone your product to what your people really want.” — Damion Taylor
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Damion Taylor:
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prometheusdigital/ | https://www.instagram.com/digital_compendium
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrometheusDigitalStudio | https://www.facebook.com/DigiComOfficial
Podcasts: Professional Confession https://shows.acast.com/6125936ce23d630012d6f69e | Tech Witch Podcast, https://shows.acast.com/tech-witch
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/