Crista Grasso: How To Simplify To Scale
Crista Grasso is the go-to strategic planning and systems expert for online businesses when they want to scale. Known as the “Business Optimizer”, Crista can quickly cut through the noise and provide clarity on the core things that will make the biggest impact to scale a business simply and sustainably. She is the founder of the Lean Out Method, creator of the Lean Business Scaling System, and host of the Lean Out Your Business Podcast.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Crista Grasso discuss:
- What does lean mean?
- Eliminating waste to provide value
- Should you send an email or go for a phone call?
- The Cut, Hold, Keep, Change system
- Having a lean mindset in business is all about maximizing value while minimizing waste. The lean concept can be applied in every kind of business, not only manufacturing ones.
- Eliminating waste from your business process should lead to maximizing the value given to the customer. Think of any unnecessary complexity, or any inefficient system and cut it down while having the best interest of the customer front and center in your mind.
- Email or phone call? It depends on your business. If you’re going for high volume, use email but if the service you provide is a more boutique, high-level experience, and you want a more personal touch, then go for a phone call.
- Before you commit to doing anything new in your business, take a look at your whole process and organize it into cut, hold, change, and keep. Keep must contain what’s working while Change should have the processes that have value but might need some changes. Cut must contain the things that don’t make sense and hold should contain those that you’re not that sure of.
“I’m going to make lean super simple. It’s about maximizing value while minimizing waste. There is a ton of waste in what we do from unnecessary complexity to underutilized resources. The more we can minimize that, the more we could provide value to our clients.” — Crista Grasso
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Crista Grasso:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.