Christine Frazer: Intuitive Human Resources
Christine is a human resources strategist, author, public speaker, and consultant. Breaking down the barriers of human resources has become Christine’s mission. She isn’t afraid to have hard conversations, engage in taboo topics, and keep things real with her clients. Christine will write your employee handbook, provide training, help develop HR strategy and be there to help you handle the most challenging HR issues. Her unique approach to HR, people, and use of humor to convey complicated concepts is what has kept her in this intense career for over three decades.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Christine Frazer discuss:
- What one can learn from working as HR in a prison system
- Using intuition in hiring people and cultivating new employees
- Hiring people for culture amid a crisis
- Standing out in the pandemic job rush
- To be a good HR person, you need to learn every component of the business. You need to know everything about how the whole operation works to be able to support people well. Speak the language of the other departments so that you could communicate well together.
- Go with your gut in hiring, and be mindful when they get into your organization. Then, cultivate a good employee out of them.
- It depends on the organization’s situation, but generally, it’s so much more beneficial in the long run to hire people to be a fit in the company culture.
- There’s been many interview “ghosting” happening right now – the first step to getting hired is by actually showing up, being presentable, and being on time. Act like you want to have a job, be sincere about it.
“This is an exciting time for intuition in hiring… we need to look for those gems that are out there. Be willing to take a chance on somebody that maybe their resume isn’t that great… this is a good opportunity for somebody who wants to work and has never got a break.” — Christine Frazer.
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Christine Frazer:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/