Christie Garcia: How To Work With An Egomaniack
Christie Garcia is an Ego Management Expert, Leadership Coach, Speaker, Facilitator, and Founder of Mindful Choice Leadership Academy. She has 18 years of experience in sales, recruiting, and coaching. For the last 10 years, she has worked with current and upcoming leaders from fast-growing organizations including Airbnb, Twitter, Movement For Life, and Sunrun. One of Christie’s super-powers is helping her clients manage their Egos and build authentic confidence so they can maximize their success at work and at home. Christie’s modern approach is designed to be simple. You just have to choose to be 1% better every day. Christie’s services include Leadership Development, Executive and Management Coaching, Co-Founder Relationship Alignment, Team Building, Communication Training, and Keynote Speaking.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Christie Garcia discuss:
- The power of the unconscious mind
- The three types of ego
- How to counter your own ego
- Growing in understanding of yourself and others
- The unconscious mind got you where you are and it will lead you to that next chapter where ego is going to play a role in your life, relationship, and business. Your unconscious mind impacts everything.
- There are three types of ego: the controller, the compiler, and the protector. Each of us typically has all three of those egos, but with one or two of them being dominant.
- Your ego thinks fast, it’s triggered by emotion, and when it’s triggered it becomes defensive. The way to counter this is by taking a breath, being calm, and being conscious of your mindset. Once you bring awareness to yourself, look at what’s really happening in the room and try to correct the direction of the discussion.
- Normalize it, get to the root, and just carry it. Don’t give yourself any judgment, but make sure to recognize that you have ownership. Then, you are able to empathize with other perspectives around the situation.
“Normalize it, get to the root, then now just carry it. Once you have a level of self awareness and ownership, you can get really curious as to why do [you] do that. That’s how you uncover those belief systems and mindset.” — Christie Garcia
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Christie Garcia:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.