Chris Larson: Neuroscience Behind Business Success
Bringing over 20 years of experience as a coach, educator, and facilitator, Chris Larson, VP of Learning and Development for Mission Facilitators International, works with organizations to provide customized engagements that elevate the capacities of their leaders and teams to create meaningful impact. Chris’s specialty is with STEM industry professionals, where he has worked with hundreds of teams and individuals through partnerships with over 140 organizations in the high-tech, chemical, bioscience, healthcare, academic, and government sectors.
Chris is a skilled and knowledgeable facilitator with real-world experience:
Leveraging his background in talent management, social cognitive neuroscience, leadership development, and adult learning, he helps clients reframe and solve persistent problems, improve team dynamics, cultivate healthy cultures, and lead change with courage and resilience.
Chris started his career as an industrial research and development chemist has held director-level positions in two research universities, and holds a master’s degree in chemistry from the University of Oregon. He has dedicated the past 15 years to the examination and facilitation of leadership and professional development and holds a certificate in neuroscience from the NeuroLeadership Institute.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Chris Larson discuss:
- The gap within employee soft skills.
- Perception and mindset in the ability to grow and learn.
- SCARF Status, Certainty, Autonomy, Relatedness, and Fairness.
- Differentiating threat from reward to survive and thrive.
- Dig deeper into a person’s experiences to better understand the reasons behind their fundamental actions.
- Provide resources to ensure the success of the employees you choose to let go from the company.
- Authentic trust is gained through being vulnerable.
- The positive aspects of rewarding group success.
“No matter what you do, your business is people.” — Chris Larson
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Chris Larson:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/