Carlos Valdes-Dapena: The Counter-Intuitive Key to Better Teams
Carlos is a speaker, author, and consultant with over 30 years of experience supporting global corporations, including Mars, Inc., and IBM. He has written two books on teamwork: “Lessons from Mars: How One Global Company Cracked the Code on High-Performance Collaboration and Teamwork” and “Virtual Teams: Holding the Center When You Can’t Meet Face-to-Face.” Both books are based on original research Carlos conducted during his 17 years as an internal consultant at Mars, Inc.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Carlos Valdes-Dapena discuss:
- Negotiation skills are used in collaboration.
- How to build an effective team.
- Mindful and conscious interaction.
- Creating value through collaborative work and non-collaborative work.
- Make the workplace a location where we can truly be ourselves and still have great, productive relationships with others.
- Get to know your co-workers through meaningful work that requires you all to commit to the outcome you want to create.
- Build teams virtually with meaningful motivation and a way to feed the soul.
- Practice mindfulness through the use of individual and group intuition.
“Trust is a valuable component of team effectiveness, but it is not the foundation.” — Carlos Valdes-Dapena.
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Carlos Valdes-Dapena:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/